Nikon Z7 & Nikon Z6 Full frame Mirrorless Cameras announced
Nikon announces its new range of Full Frame Mirrorless cameras. The new models are Nikon Z7 and Nikon Z6. Nikon Z7 is priced at 3,400$ and the Z6 is priced at 2000$. (Price not including the kit lens)
So, now Sony has got a competitor in full frame Mirrorless camera segment. Can these 2 models be a threat to Sony’s line up of Full frame Mirrorless cameras? We need to wait and see.
Nikon will be launching Nikon Z7 on September 27th 2018 and Nikon Z6 in the second half of November 2018. They are also introducing the new Z mount system along with this release. This will be featured in the new 24-70mm f4 lens which comes as the kit lens for these two camera bodies.
New Z Mount Nikon Lenses
They are also planning to launch a 35mm lens and a 50 mm in the Z mount category. Both come with a maximum aperture of f1.8. These focal lengths give a suggestion that these bodies are targeted towards portrait and landscape photographers. Currently, they don’t have any plans to release a telephoto lens for the sports and wildlife photographers.
Nikon FTZ Adapter
Nikon has also announced the new FTZ adapter that will support around 90 current lenses. It will support auto focus and auto exposure. I am little worried about the reduction in focussing speed by the addition of this FTZ adapter. They have also promised that his adapter would be compatible with more than 300 current lenses.
I would have loved to use this camera with a telephoto lens directly without an adapter as it will save a considerable amount of weight. There will be a good improvement in focusing speed also. Nikon can make good inroads into wildlife photography space if they can create a good line up of telephoto lenses compatible with these full frame mirrorless models.
- New Backside Illumination.
- Hybrid Auto-focus system with focus points covering 90 percent of the area.
- New EXPEED6 Image processor.
- Electronic Viewfinder with 3690k dot OLED panel.
- Movie functions that capture a wide dynamic range.
- Nikon’s first in-camera vibration reduction with 5 stop effectiveness.9fps burst rate for Nikon Z7 and 12fps for Nikon Z6.
- Peaking Stack image function. 2100k dot touch sensitive LCD monitor with a tilting mechanism.
- Dust and Drip Resistant.
- Silent photography function for noise and shake removal caused by shutter release.
- Interval Timer photography for 8K time lapse.
- Built in Wifi.
They are planning to release 3 Z mount lenses in 2018. In 2019, another 6 lenses would be added to this lineup. It includes 20mm, 14-30mm, 85mm, another 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses. Still, nothing for the wildlife photographers. They have also promised another set of 6 lenses in 2020. This can be in the 300mm plus range. It all depends on how the Z6 and Z7 models perform in the first two years.
Do Share your Comments!!!